Monday, August 8, 2011

Altered Cigar Box


Hello friends!
This week I altered a cigar box.
These are fun because I create a more distressed and art deco style. 





For this one, I used Circa 1934 paper by Cosmo Cricket. This has been one of my favorite paper lines and I am excited that Moda will release it in fabric this Fall.






The 2 vintage ladies on top are from the Domestic Goddess paper line by Graphic 45.
I pulled out lots of Tim Holtz goodies to add to this box and one of my favorite items is the film roll ribbon. It's so cool! I was lucky enough to run across a pile of old metal clock hands at an antique store recently and added that to the bottom corner.

 A good way to use up leftover paper scraps is to cut them into 1" squares and piece them together. I love how it looked as the background on the cover and around the sides.





Wishing you a lovely Friday, Lindsey


2 comments:

  1. Your altered cigar box is wonderful. I love the art deco theme. Sunshine Summer Smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI LINDSEY,
    THIS IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. I LOVE IT. YOU DID A GREAT JOB WITH ALL YOUR MAGIC CREATIONS. JUST LOVELY. HAVE A NICE DAY. RIZZI

    ReplyDelete