Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Trip to CHA!!

Hello friends!
Last week was the Summer Craft and Hobby Trade Show in Chicago and I was lucky enough to get the chance to go!
As you may know I work for a scrapbook store. Twice a year the owner goes to CHA to order paper lines for Fall and Winter. After the Trade show we set up a booth at the Super Show that is available to the public!
On our first day in Chicago we took a boat tour along the Navy Pier. Chicago was amazing place!


As fun as it was to explore the city, I couldn't wait to get to the show! I took over 600 photos at the show of many amazing projects and layouts!
Our first stop was the Maya Road booth. This company sells embellishments. Mostly chipboard books, ribbon and trinkets.
Here are a few projects that I loved!!


Most booths offered make n takes, which are quick mini projects that can be created in a couple of minutes using the company's new products.
I love this sewing machine banner!


Graphic 45 is one of my most favorite companies! Their new Halloween in Wonderland is awesome!! It's a beautiful combination of Alice in Wonderland illustrations and Halloween whimsy!


Their booth was amazing!!! But more amazing was the wonderful people from Graphic 45! I was lucky enough to be introduced to several members of the Graphic 45 team! I brought my Bathing Beauties mini album that I recently shared on the blog to show them and they asked me if they could display it on the counter throughout the day!!!!! I was so honored and thrilled that they liked my book! And it was so cool to go by the booth and see others looking at it and taking it's picture!!!!!!


Another exciting stop was to see a few of the many amazing Tim Holtz samples using his new die cuts.


This display by Pink Paislee was breathtaking!!!
I can't wait to start playing with all my newest ideas! I feel very inspired!



I hope you enjoyed seeing these first pictures of my trip! I will continue to share more photos of my adventure this week!!

Happy Crafting, Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. girlie...you NEED to call me sometime this week in the evening!!!!!!! I want the scoop!!!

    ReplyDelete