Friday, May 6, 2011

My Creative Space: Bows and Polka Dots!

Hello friends!

This week I have been playing with corrugated cardboard. I really love the rough look of it! I was inspired by the color combo this week of grey and yellow. I started this project by creating the paper bow and worked with those colors to create this piece. It was also my first opportunity to try out my knew Jenni Bowlin Banner stamp set. It comes with 2 acrylic stamps in polka dots and strips.
The black and white polka dotted crepe paper was a fun find at our local party store, Party City.





This wall collage is listed in our etsy shop.


This week I wanted to talk about my favorite adhesives! The most important item for crafters! If you have a favorite, please let me know what you like to use!

My all time favorite is this glue stick! Yes, a simple, cheap $1.99 glue stick! Available at Michaels, it's by Pioneer brand, and it works great! Super strong and quick drying!




For more simple projects like gluing paper to paper, I use this Scotch adhesive dot roller. There are so many rollers available and I was so overwhelmed by them all that I hadn't tried any, until I was walking past the Scotch booth at CHA last year and this guy said, "here take one, you'll love it". Well how can you pass up free stuff? So when I got home and tried it, I loved it! If I accidentally get it where I don't want it, I can simply rub it off with my finger. So nice! You can also find these at Michaels. I love to use my coupons to stock up on refills.




When I need a good wet adhesive, I go for Aleene's Tacky glue. It's a great thick white glue that has been around for a long time and is available at Wal Mart.




I have also used this clear liquid adhesive by Tombow. It's great for using with glitter!





Also a must have in my craft room is this bottle of Glossy Accents. This great product by Ranger is a great multi use item. It's mostly known for being dimensional and used for creating rain drops and other fun effects. It's also a great adhesive! It dries completely clear so I also reach for it when working with a clear or see through surface. It's very fast drying, and creates a very strong bond.


I love to layer my projects so foam dots are a must. Some dots I have found to be so thin that I have to stack 3 or 4 together just to get the right thickness. For me, these are just right. By All Night Media, these pop dots are a staple in my craft room!




So these are my favorites!
 Please let me know what are your favorites or if you love these too?

Wishing you a great day, Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment