Monday, October 26, 2009

Witches Boot Tutorial

Hello! Today I want to share with you this quick and easy little project I created for the store's Make n Take that I taught last weekend.




This witches boot would make a great element to your Halloween scrapbook page or wall collage.




Supplies:


1 sheet orange cardstock


1 sheet black cardstock


12" strip of ribbon


hole punch


glue



First print and cut out boot pattern. Then trace onto black cardstock and cut out.







Take hole punch ( I used a small sized hole punch) and cut five holes up the side of your boot.
Then take ribbon and pull it half way through the bottom hole.


Start wrapping ribbon around boot all the way up.




Here is what it looks like as you are wrapping.



Then turn the boot to the back and pull other half of ribbon up through the loops till ribbon meets up at the top and tie bow.



Now cut a 6 1/2 x 2 1/4 strip out of orange cardstock.

Cut 1 1/4 x 2 1/4 strip out of black cardstock.




Take black strips and just start separating and gluing the two strips evenly. One end of the orange cardstock should be slightly longer.




Glue the slightly longer end to the top of the top of your Witches boot and you're done!


I hope you like this little project and try making it!

Lindsey

10 comments:

  1. I can just see a whole row of these hanging in my window!!! Wouldn't that look fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Lindsey! I looked through your previous posts too. Great work!

    Stay Cozy, carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I didn't know you were making things like this! I thought it was all about scrapbooking! I'm going to put your blog in my artists blog list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lindsey! Your witches boot is darling and thank you so much for the tutorial!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey, What a cute tutorial! I followed along and then had such a laugh trying to figure out the stripes - a leg! I love it and must make one! Oh, my peek is to die for! Lindsey I just can't tell you how excited I am about your creating these for me. You have just the perfect eye for these layouts. The cobweb corners are over the top! I will be sure and take lots of photos when my gd comes to visit in just a few days! You have made my day! E

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is pretty cute! I like your tutorial. I feel like I could make one now if I had the time, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable idea... and would make a great Halloween party invite! I am definately going to make some up next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your
    site, how could i subscribe for a blog website?
    The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear
    idea

    Feel free to visit my weblog ... christian dating website

    ReplyDelete